Meredith Hubbard joined Dysart Willis in 2016 with eight years of litigation experience. Meredith primarily focuses her practice on representing individuals facing criminal charges. She represents juvenile and adult clients charged with misdemeanors and felonies in both state and federal court.
Meredith also has an active administrative law practice, representing individuals and students facing licensure issues or disciplinary actions. She represents clients before administrative boards such as the Department of Insurance and medical licensing agencies. Students are entitled to due process, including representation by counsel, before some forms of school discipline or sanctions can be imposed. Meredith represents students in academic disciplinary hearings at public schools and at the university level, including Title IX investigations.
Meredith grew up in Duluth, Georgia, and graduated from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, with a degree in psychology. She has lived in Raleigh since 2003 and earned her juris doctor from the University of North Carolina School of Law in 2008. While in law school, Meredith worked for Legal Aid of North Carolina and the North Carolina Center on Actual Innocence. After graduating law school, Meredith practiced civil litigation for several years, representing individuals and businesses in North Carolina state and federal courts.
Meredith is licensed to practice law in North Carolina and South Carolina. She is admitted in all federal courts in North and South Carolina as well as the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. Meredith served president of the Eastern District of North Carolina Chapter of the Federal Bar Association for the 2016-2017 term.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Civil Litigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- North Carolina, 2008
- South Carolina, 2009
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2012
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina, 2012
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 2012
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Major: Psychology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Federal Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Tenth Judicial District Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Section
Past Employment Positions
- Millberg Gordon Steward PLLC , Associate, 2008 – 2016
- Georgia Justice Project, Summer Intern, 2007
Request Your Initial Consultation Now
You will never be judged. Let us help you get through this. Available 24/7.